Jakarta, 26 April 2017 - 28 April 2017
Including : Souvenir, Flash disk, materi hand-out dan CD modul, 2x coffee break, makan siang dan sertifikat
Investasi : Rp 5.000.000,-/peserta ( Belum termasuk PPN 10% )
Lokasi : Favehotel LTC Glodok Jakarta, LTC Glodok Building Lt. 8, Jalan Hayam Wuruk No.127, Jakarta Barat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 11180
This is a comprehensive project management training course for business and IT people who are involved in IT projects, including software development projects.
The course shows how IT projects should be managed, from inception to post implementation review. People who attend the course say that it covers more ground and in more detail than many other 3-day and even 4-day project management training courses.
The course is very highly rated by those who attend. It covers a lot of material in 3 days yet is run in a relaxed manner and all will feel welcome.
This project management training course is suitable for project managers and team leaders, IT developers and testers and for business people who are involved in IT projects. There are no prerequisites - no prior project management training is necessary, no IT knowledge is needed.
The course is built around a series of consecutive structured lectures, class exercises, and class discussions with the perspectives of Information Technology project.
Today's IT projects present unique challenges to the project manager requiring coordination with many stakeholders and integration of various technological capabilities. In Managing IT Projects, we shall discover critical success factors and hidden risks inherent in IT projects-and you'll leave with an understanding of strategies and techniques developed in the field by experienced IT project managers for successfully managing IT projects.
"IT" means different things to different people. This course addresses all areas of IT project management: hardware, software, systems integration, communications, and human resources. It addresses the role of the project manager and the project team at each phase of the project life cycle, helping you gain the foundation, basic experience, techniques and tools to manage each stage of your project.
We shall learn techniques to determine customer requirements, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team, and utilize project management tools to get work done on time and within budget.
By extending traditional project management concepts into the IT arena, We shall gain an understanding of the strategies and skills necessary to manage IT projects of any size. And further we shall take home powerful tools to enhance our IT project management capabilities, as well as written text in our course binder explaining the concepts in each unit for reference when you return to the workplace.
We shall learn IT project management skills through hands-on exercises, interactive case studies, and relevant discussions with your peers and an experienced IT project management instructor. This approach allows you to practice new skills and ask questions as you assimilate a broad array of practical experiences that can immediately be applied when you return to the workplace.
- Senior and Middle Project Managers with responsibility for the IT project execution, and Project Management team including Methodology and Functional Experts, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators.
- Managers wishing to increase or update their knowledge of project management methodology functions and processes.
- Others with an interest in improving IT project management results within their organizations, and who would benefit from an understanding of the project management knowledge as related to IT project implementation.
- Direct involvement in a particular project, either as a project manager or as a staff member, then this training becomes a recommended prerequisite.
Course Contents and Descriptions
1. Overview of IT Project Management
Definition and characteristics of IT project management, common reasons why IT projects fail Critical factors for IT project success The IT project life cycle and the activities of each life cycle phase Project processes common to all projects
2. Concept Phase
Selecting and funding IT projects, identify key project stakeholders and describe the purpose and content of a IT business case, further prepare a project charter
3. Requirements Phase
Identify and articulate customer requirements, and distinguish between functional and technical requirements. Use different methods for gathering requirements, and develop a requirements traceability methodology
4. Planning Phase
Identify the key components of the project plan and the planning process. Construct a work breakdown structure showing all work components. Build a project schedule estimate duration, resources, and costs, also describe risk management planning and risk response planning. Describe subsidiary management plans including communications, procurement, and quality
5. Design Phase
Describe the major activities of the preliminary and detailed design activities; identify typical content of the technical specification document. Identify some design techniques use in developing the technical solution, and describe make or buy decision methodology
6. Construction Phase
Develop a project team to build and deliver the product Describe quality assurance activities, testing and audits. Assess project performance, Develop and use a change request methodology, and further develop risk response strategies
7. Delivery Phase
Describe the key activities of the delivery phase, also describe four major product/system conversion strategies. Understand the "go-live" transition responsibilities of the project manager, further develop scope verification and customer acceptance strategies
Case-based discussions will be conducted with topics related to the subjects of training
Senior Risk Manager
- Senior Audit Manager
- IT & Audit Staff
- IT Security Staff
- Risk Management Staff
Durasi : 3 Hari
Paparan Materi Pelatihan
Corporate Governance dan IT Governance
Segmen pelatihan ini membahas pengenalan pengetahuan dan masalah-masalah (issues) yang berkaitan dengan IT governance seperti:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Security Program(me) Development
- Information Security Program (me) Management
- Information Security Management
- Enterprise Model
IT Governance Process
Segmen pelatihan ini membahas hubungan yang terstruktur dari kegiatan-kegiatan guna mengarahakan dan mengendalikan proses-proses IT agar searah dengan usaha usaha untuk mencapai tujuan organisasi seperti:
- Struktur dari IT Governance
- Kerangka acuan (framework) IT Governance
- Proses-proses IT Governance dan Action Plan
IT Strategic Alignment
Subjek pelatihan ini akan membahas seluruh aspek yang terkait dengan keselarasan strategic (strategic alignment) dengan fokus utama pada investasi IT (IT investment) dan nilai bisnis (business value), cakupannya adalah:
- Keselarasan strategi IT dengan strategi bisnis
- Deliverables IT yang selaras dengan strategi bisnis
- Keseimbangan antara strategi IT investasi IT dalam hubungannya dengan strategi bisnis
Penentuan Value Enterprise
Tujuan dari segmen pelatihan ini akan memberikan kemampuan kepada peserta untuk dapat menentukan IT Values yang diperlukan oleh organisasi, seperti:
- Rencana implementasi strategi
- Pengarahan keselarasan bisnis
- Keselarasan proses
- Nilai delivery (value delivery)
- Ekspektasi bisnis
- Ekspektasi yang berhubungan dengan Working Method
- IT Value Delivery
- Perkpektif IT Value
This part of the training shall enlighten the participants with all aspects of risks as related to IT Values delivery to the enterprise, the subject shall cover such as:
- Managing Enterprise Risks
- Safeguarding Enterprise Assets and Disaster Recovery
- Cost of IT Security
This part of the training shall escalate the awareness of participants on optimizing knowledge as related to IT infrastructure, the subject shall cover:
- Investment Infrastructure
- IT Operational Spending
- IT Assets Management
- Human Resources
- Balancing Cost of Infrastructure with Quality of Service
This part of the training shall provide to the participants the capability to select and use a framework (tools) to be applied in evaluating, directing and monitoring the portfolio of IT application in their organizations, the coverage shall be:
- Performance Drivers
- IT Balanced Scorecard (IT BSC)
- Capability Maturity Models (CMM)
Integration Strategies and Tactics for IT Governance
This subject of this training provide participants with the knowledge on how an organization get the capabilities in diagnosing and designing the IT Governance with the coverage such as:
- IT Portfolios at Local Business
- IT Governance Models
- Strategic Flexibility and the Impacts to IT organization
- IT value Drivers
- Design Logic for Governance
Structures, Process & Relational Mechanisms for IT Governance Incident and Response Management (Business Continuity Plan/BCP)
The subject of the training shall enlighten the participants with all issues and aspects of business continuity and the relation with IT governance, the subject shall cover as the followings:
- An information security steering group function
- Legal and regulatory issues associated with Internet businesses, global transmissions and trans border data flows
- Common insurance policies and imposed conditions
- Information security process improvement Recovery time objectives (RTO) for information resources
- Cost benefits analysis techniques in assessing options for mitigating risks threats and exposures to acceptable levels.
- Security metrics design, development and implementation.
- Information security management due diligence activities and reviews of the infrastructure.
IT Governance and COBIT Mapping
The subject the training describes on the framework for control and measurability of IT processes based on COBIT framework which covers:
- Performance Measurement Elements
- Critical Success Factors in IT Processes
- Related Maturity Model
IT Governance and ITIL
This part of the training describes how ITIL implementation shall support the achievement of IT Governance in an organization, the subject covers such as:
- ITIL Framework
- ITIL and IT Governance
Good Corporate Governance for ICT
This subject of the course provides the participants with one of the tool in order to achieve condition of IT Governance as using Australian Standard for Good Corporate Governance (GCG) in ICT (Information Communication and Telecommunication)which:
- Principle of GCG in ICT
- AS-8015 Model
Trainer : Spectracentre Trainer Team